.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday July 29

We went to orientation tonight for Noah's school... I was really disappointed. It was not ready; they basically only had the room painted and they purchased cribs. There was an alphabet floor mat and a butterfly floor mat and that was it. I expected to see swings, jumperoos, exersaucers, walkers, etc. They said they had some of those things ordered... I don't understand why they would not have ordered them soon enough to have there for orientation night! They said they are not getting a jumperoo which I am disappointed about since it is Noah's favorite. There are 9 babies enrolled in his class and 10 beds in the room with only 2 teachers. I made sure before I paid the application fee of $200 that they would have a 3:1 ratio... they said they were looking to hire another person, but it didn't sound promising (since they made the comment "we'd love to have a 3:1 ratio, but..."). One teacher was very nice and seemed excited, the other one seemed bland... she basically just stood there and answered questions; she did not have much of a personality and she definitely didn't seem enthusiastic at all. Anyway, I came home and cried because I am not comfortable sending Noah to school there. I e-mailed 2 places to see if they accept young infants and if they have any openings... I am very upset and don't know what to do... I was hoping this orientation would make me feel better about Noah going to school, but instead it made me feel much much worse and more apprehensive. I wish I could stay home with him or send him to Cub Corner!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like they are falling flat on several key points…I would have been upset too. I don’t think you should be discouraged just yet. It’s a new program and they will have to work out kinks. It’s not easy to find a good infant program and not even the perfect program will make it easier. I cried every day I dropped off Dominic and was very sad to be pumping not nursing. I don’t know many ppl who want to send their baby to day care. It gets better and they learn so much at these programs.
    As for the jumperoo, it maybe better they don’t have one. You don’t want Noah to get bored and not want to use his at home. He will find lots of new fun things to do there.

    ReplyDelete